MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eddie Stewart presented to Princess Anne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pizza View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eddie Stewart presented to Princess Anne

Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 8:49am by Pizza
I read in the BL that ES was "presented to princess anne at Newmarket"

Didnt she want him? I only ask because Ive just seen him in the town.....perhaps she asked for a "rain check"?
Nil Desperandum
sunseeker View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 9:04am by sunseeker
No it wasn't him personally as we are led by his words to believe. He was there in capacity of chair or the district council. So I am told.

make love not war
Fenman25 View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenman25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 12:12pm by Fenman25
Originally posted by sunseeker sunseeker wrote:

No it wasn't him personally as we are led by his words to believe. He was there in capacity of chair or the district council. So I am told.

Couldn't they find a chair in Newmarket ?
Why did they need to bring one all the way from BarndonTongueLOLLOL
LOL
FOBS is no more. Abellio put paid to that.
Kent Maid View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Maid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 12:39pm by Kent Maid
Yes, a "chair" is a piece of furniture.

I believe in equal opportunities and all that but I also believe in leaving the English langauge uncorrupted.

Chairman, Chairwoman or, at a push, Chairperson but I am NOT a piece of furniture.

Maybe it's because a Chairperson is wooden that their title has been reduced to "Chair."

Edited by Kent Maid - 07 Jun 2012 at 6:13pm
Cabby View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:41pm by Cabby
I loathe chair PERSON.   im married to a woman. and im a man. PC sorry you can shove it.

BTW im from Blackpool   do they want to have a go at that
sunseeker View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:52pm by sunseeker
To be perfectly correct the address should be Mr Chairman. or madam chairman. There is no such title as chairperson or chair woman..
make love not war
Fenman25 View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fenman25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:57pm by Fenman25
I quite agree sunseeker, but you know these feminist types !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shocked
FOBS is no more. Abellio put paid to that.
 Post Reply Post Reply