MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brandon Begging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
wtf View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 12:11pm by wtf
must have been too cold for the happy campers as they have moved on...moving to an empty space near you, they left behind all the usuall crap but they had a liking for sniffing lighter gas at least 40-50 empty tins........ dont light a match behind them
Beavor-bob View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavor-bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 12:52pm by Beavor-bob
Originally posted by wtf wtf wrote:

must have been too cold for the happy campers as they have moved on...moving to an empty space near you, they left behind all the usuall crap but they had a liking for sniffing lighter gas at least 40-50 empty tins........ dont light a match behind them
Why do people live like this? When by just being a little bit co-operative with the rest of society, they could live in the warm. Mind you, I would not want all that gas in a flat near meSmile
Hugh View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 2:56pm by Hugh
I saw the couple on Monday outside Spar and said hello to them and asked how things were going. They said that they were moving on from the camping by the river, and when they had asked someone for money they had bought them a beer. I think they may have thought I was going to get them some more, no chance. I just wished them well.

Bob, like you I wonder why people can not live in a more socially acceptable way, but they can't so what should be done for them?

Like you I would not like to live next to them, but I feel the comment by Makka might have the right idea.
"Perhaps the town councils locality fund could finance a drop in help centre in conjunction with a local doctor, make advice, and community support available from FHDC / SCC. Perhaps an alternative use for the soon to be redundant police station or one of the empty shops."

Hugh
Beavor-bob View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavor-bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 5:10pm by Beavor-bob
Originally posted by Hugh Hugh wrote:

I saw the couple on Monday outside Spar and said hello to them and asked how things were going. They said that they were moving on from the camping by the river, and when they had asked someone for money they had bought them a beer. I think they may have thought I was going to get them some more, no chance. I just wished them well.

Bob, like you I wonder why people can not live in a more socially acceptable way, but they can't so what should be done for them?

Like you I would not like to live next to them, but I feel the comment by Makka might have the right idea.
"Perhaps the town councils locality fund could finance a drop in help centre in conjunction with a local doctor, make advice, and community support available from FHDC / SCC. Perhaps an alternative use for the soon to be redundant police station or one of the empty shops."

If they are sniffing lighter gas in large quantities, would you want them living close to you?
No I thought not!
Matty149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 9:43am by Matty149
You sick and heartless people can't even call you human beings I'm about to get kicked out of valbri motel the council moved me here due to the weather I have no family connections as I was in care and the council have to me to look for rooms to rent I don't do drugs I have the occasional drink just because most homeless people give of a bad name doesn't mean were all the same giving them food doesn't mean ur feeding there habit . I will be sleeping rough in Brandon until I find a place and I am no creature so I expect not to be treated like one and the police cannot move me unless I am begging on the street which I won't be
M.arbon
Matty149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 9:47am by Matty149
At least someone has sense I will not be given a bad name because of other people I don't do drugs or drink much. But people who do are still human beings never judge a book by its cover go talk to em see what there story is
M.arbon
Keith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 2:39pm by Keith
Vagrancy Act 1824 (section 3). Enables the arrest of anybody who is begging. It is a recordable offence and carries a level 3 fine (currently £1,000) 
Public Order Act 1986 (section 5). Causing harassment, alarm or distress. This carries a level 3 fine (£1000) or a penalty notice of £80.
Army Brat and proud
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123