MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brandon Begging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Beavor-bob View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavor-bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brandon Begging

Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 9:08pm by Beavor-bob
Has anyone else been asked for "Any loose change" by a scruffy girl hanging around the town center area?
After drug money I guess.
kingne View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 7:46am by kingne
Or possibly just cold hungry and homeless?
timbuctoo View Drop Down
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timbuctoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 12:14pm by timbuctoo
Also a bloke down near walk through Aldi entrance very intimadating.
Timbuctoo
Cabby View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 1:53pm by Cabby
im sure ive had the fella from aldi / charity shop in the cab. picked up from a house in that area.

dont quote me but hardly homeless, i reckon a professional beggar

On the streets of Brandon, hardly big city are we.
Kent Maid View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Maid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 2:43pm by Kent Maid
The only "street" people I support are the Big Issue sellers - have been doing this for over 20 years. At least they are "working" for their handouts.

BUT, and this warning came from Big Issue itself, always check they are wearing a badge and that  it is their badge. At one time, nasty people were forcing the Big Issue sellers to hand over their magazines (i.e. stealing from them) and then going on to sell the magazines.

Big Issue checks its sellers to ensure they are genuinely in need and not professional beggers. 

Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavor-bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 4:36pm by Beavor-bob
Originally posted by kingne kingne wrote:

Or possibly just cold hungry and homeless?
If she is, there are plenty of official shelters - been hearing about them on BBC Suffolk today.
geep View Drop Down
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 5:44pm by geep
Two men were waiting in the entrance to the High Street doctors this morning.  One is regularly waiiting on Sunday morning and the other is often by Aldi entrance drinking. Who are they? 

geep
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavor-bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 3:57pm by Beavor-bob
two young beggers were in the high st doctor's alley last night, they target people on their own rather than more than one, they know plenty of people come & go from SPAR with money. When I ignored him, he became abusive - seems to be a sympton of the times.
No job, no home, no money, no drugs - there are more of these creatures everywhere now.
Hugh View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 4:27pm by Hugh
Sadly coming home from Aldi today [Sunday] there were 2 you men outside the cafĂ© drinking from cans, and another two drinking in the footpath going to Coulson Lane which I use. One asked if I had a light, and when I said no he thanked me. It was un-nerving but all was well.

It is very hard for some people, but what is the answer for them?
Where can they go?
Who can we report these thing to so that they receive help especially on a Sunday?

I know many would be quite happy to lock them up and throw the key away but they are human beings and we must have compassion for them. Lets face it the police are unable to help, and in general do not want to get involved in these things. But it dose not help Brandon have a safe, secure feeling.

Any ideas? [Only constructive please.]
Hugh
wtf View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 9:43am by wtf
man and a young girl are living in a tent and have been for weeks on the allotments how do you move these people on .. In the old days sgt vincent woudnt have put up with them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>