MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who Dares Wins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Lady P View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who Dares Wins

Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 9:45am by Lady P
Cabby, I would be pleased to help.  Will possibly need to hang on to granddaughter whilst her mum and dad are carol singing so maybe best bet would be the town calendars but happy to muck in where needed.
Life is not a rehearsal!
Cabby View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 8:25pm by Cabby
Lady P, or anyone else for that would you like to help out at the Christmas Fayre. Sun 8th 4 to 6.30.

we would like someone to man a stall selling the town calendars, we may also need a hand on the drinks stall and hot chestnuts.

PM me on here. Thanks
Cabby View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 3:35pm by Cabby
Originally posted by ascotinbrandon ascotinbrandon wrote:

OK, here's one for folk to consider. I have a pretty reasonable singing voice, been in a few shows & choirs over the years. Anyone like to join me in getting a Christmas choir up & running: carols on the market square during December, on the station platforms, Aldi & Tesco car parks raising funds for local charities & good causes, maybe liase with the brass band to do a bit with them, etc. Doesn't have to be an any other time of year so no large repertoir required, just the festive stuff we all know & love, carols & songs. Get together for a maybe half-a-dozen rehearsals before hand then give it a go. Possibly don't need an instrument of any kind but if someone that plays is willing to join us?!!  Just a thought. Ermm

CAROL SINGERS

1st meeting Monday 21st 19.30 at the sports centre.

If you cant make it, just say YES here and we will contact you.

Edited by Cabby - 13 Oct 2013 at 11:35am
wisemanthree View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisemanthree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 5:43pm by wisemanthree
Marvellous enthusiasm. Absolutely wonderful. I admire all of the energy buzzing here. I think of this energy and enthusiasm when I remember what Brandon used to be like, and I think of this energy and enthusiasm when I look around today and am smacked so hard in the face with 'chav-iness' that my eyes pop out of the back of my skull. These are then stolen and sold to buy tracksuits.
www.youtube.com/wisemanthree
Tiller Lass View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiller Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 9:57am by Tiller Lass
Originally posted by ascotinbrandon ascotinbrandon wrote:

OK, here's one for folk to consider. I have a pretty reasonable singing voice, been in a few shows & choirs over the years. Anyone like to join me in getting a Christmas choir up & running: carols on the market square during December, on the station platforms, Aldi & Tesco car parks raising funds for local charities & good causes, maybe liase with the brass band to do a bit with them, etc. Doesn't have to be an any other time of year so no large repertoir required, just the festive stuff we all know & love, carols & songs. Get together for a maybe half-a-dozen rehearsals before hand then give it a go. Possibly don't need an instrument of any kind but if someone that plays is willing to join us?!!  Just a thought. Ermm

I think thats a fab idea.
P&R Garden Supplies View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&R Garden Supplies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 9:52pm by P&R Garden Supplies
Theres going to be a Christmas panto at Weeting village hall, there wanting people to join in (including children over 7 years old) I've got all the details if anyones interested. 
Suppliers of Quality locally grown garden plants. Competively priced garden chemicals, composts, tools, seeds, bulbs and Pots, everything your garden needs! Delivery or Carry to Car service available
Redhead85 View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redhead85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 6:30pm by Redhead85
If timings work around my toddler then yes please! 

Edited by Redhead85 - 15 Aug 2013 at 6:31pm
ascotinbrandon View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ascotinbrandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:56pm by ascotinbrandon
a scot in brandon,
wtf View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:05pm by wtf
[QUOTE=Lady Templar] Can I just make something clear. Councillors are individually and severally responsible for the deeds of the Council. No one councillor, including the chairman, has any power. The power comes from the collective. Therefore all decisions made have to be by a majority. The Town Clerk has no power to make decisions or take any action without the precise instruction of the Council. It is a paid post. This legally applies to all councils, at whatever level, in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Therefore, no one councillor can "run" the show. It would be unlawful.
NOW that the council doesnt have the the likes of saxby ahern bourton both weetmans they seem to get on better
Lady Templar View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Templar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 3:51pm by Lady Templar
Can I just make something clear. Councillors are individually and severally responsible for the deeds of the Council. No one councillor, including the chairman, has any power. The power comes from the collective. Therefore all decisions made have to be by a majority. The Town Clerk has no power to make decisions or take any action without the precise instruction of the Council. It is a paid post. This legally applies to all councils, at whatever level, in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Therefore, no one councillor can "run" the show. It would be unlawful.
harveydoesjazz.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>