MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Relief Road Public Meeting - Friday 10 January

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relief Road Public Meeting - Friday 10 January

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 5:55pm by Terry
Matthew Hancock, MP for West Suffolk and Elizabeth Truss, MP South West Norfolk will hold a public meeting on Friday 10 January about the proposed Brandon relief road.

The Public Meeting will be an opportunity for Brandon and Weeting residents to learn more about the proposed Brandon Relief Road and plans for development.  Forest Heath District Council and Suffolk County Council representatives will also attend as well as representatives from Breckland and Norfolk County Councils.

At a public meeting earlier this year about Brandon’s problematic level crossing, Network Rail confirmed that they would fund a replacement bridge across the railway as part of a future relief road for the town which would provide the only comprehensive solution to ease the congestion problems and would mean the level crossing would no longer be required.  The bridge will form a vital part of the relief road plan which is currently under discussion.

Commenting, Matthew Hancock said: "It is vital that residents have an opportunity to voice their concerns.  I am keen to hear their views about the relief road and development plans.  The economic benefits for Brandon will be considerable, at the same time opening up the whole of East Anglia for tourism and business."

Elizabeth Truss MP said – "I am keen to see a long term solution to the Brandon Rail Crossing. With future ambitions for a ½ hourly service on the Norwich-Cambridge line, a more efficient system needs to be in place on the crossing . Any future plans need to command the support of the local community; that is why I have been clear about not supporting development in Breckland. It is therefore extremely important that the views of residents and businesses in my South West Norfolk Constituency are fully considered and I would urge all to attend the meeting on 10th January 2014."

The meeting will be held at Brandon Leisure Centre at 6.30pm. Everyone is welcome.
BrandonSuffolk.com - Your website for our town
Tiller Lass View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiller Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 6:31pm by Tiller Lass
Someone from our house will be there. We just have to draw straws to decide who stays home and baby/dog sits.
"I only need two tools in life.. Duct tape to make things stop and WD40 to make things go."
ascotinbrandon View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ascotinbrandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 9:21pm by ascotinbrandon
And Brandon High St businesses will be no more. Dead end at the level crossing, no vehicle access from/to Norfolk over the rail line. Absolutely pathetic idea. Suits the rich landowners so they can get richer, the MP's so they keep the landowners & Newmarket sweet by allowing minimal to no building there so they get re-elected. The MP's & landowners do not give a damn for the local small business & working folk of Brandon trying to get by. Angry
a scot in brandon,
Ian H View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 12:48pm by Ian H
Given the low turnout we got for the level crossing meeting in the summer which the MPs forced to be at 6.30 on a Friday, I do wonder if they ever learn?

Though I suspect that more folks will turn out to this, I do hope so.
Speak as I see it
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 12:59pm by Terry
We'll be printing the above press release in the next edition of the magazine, so hopefully that will make more people aware and increase the turnout.
Pizza View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 2:03pm by Pizza
Originally posted by Terry Terry wrote:

Matthew Hancock said: "It is vital that residents have an opportunity to voice their concerns.  I am keen to hear their views about the relief road and development plans."

And then he'll ignore them. He even negates the contribution from residents by stating:

"The economic benefits for Brandon will be considerable, at the same time opening up the whole of East Anglia for tourism and business."

As if its a done deal or, at the very least, you will be pressurised into accepting it because commerce is more important than you are.

At least ET acknowledges that her constituents are against it...

Originally posted by Terry Terry wrote:

Elizabeth Truss MP said – Any future plans need to command the support of the local community; that is why I have been clear about not supporting development in Breckland. It is therefore extremely important that the views of residents and businesses in my South West Norfolk Constituency are fully considered ."

What a difference of opinions!!!   I dont see why MH should suddenly be interested in the views of residents...he clearly wasnt at the last meeting to discuss this a couple of years ago...he just laughed when residents raised concerns.

Nil Desperandum
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 5:26pm by Terry
Just a reminder that this is now at 6.45pm today.

Your chance to have your say on the relief road and regeneration proposals.
Mondo View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mondo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 7:07pm by Mondo
Be afraid ! 

Wife AND Mother-in-law in attendance.ShockedThumbs UpClapWink
Never Forget, The World is yours
*terms and conditions apply
Tiller Lass View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiller Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 9:19pm by Tiller Lass
Originally posted by Mondo Mondo wrote:

Be afraid ! 

Wife AND Mother-in-law in attendance.ShockedThumbs UpClapWink

We were both very well behaved!
"I only need two tools in life.. Duct tape to make things stop and WD40 to make things go."
Lady P View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 9:44pm by Lady P
MH is not consistent and think he was somewhat rattled, not really prepared for the volume of views, of course he is just trying to please all his prospective voters! Or perhaps I am just generally mistrusting of politicians.  I would love to see  a written report of the meeting from MH's view point.  Silly, sceptical , old woman I may well be, but I doubt it would reflect the impression I have of the evening! 

I did think it was a good turn out, not what I was lead to expect.  Good on you Brandonians, whatever your viewpoint you all have a right to express your views, well done!

Life is not a rehearsal!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>