MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flintnappers closed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Beavor-bob View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavor-bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flintnappers closed?

Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 4:14pm by Beavor-bob

It looked like it with cardboard on the windows & a for rent sign onthe wall!

Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 4:57pm by Terry
The for rent sign has been up a while, not seen the cardboard on the windows yet though.
BrandonSuffolk.com - Your website for our town
Roxy View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 5:39pm by Roxy
Very sad but the pub went down hill when the chef left. We used to go in for a meal & a drink but the manager never acknowledge the people sitting at the tables eating. so I'm not surprised its closed. You need a good personalty to run a business & welcome decent clientele. 
I only hope the 5 bells does well when it opens this year.  As the people of Brandon need a good pub..Smile
Be true to yourself
Fernplodder View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fernplodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 7:03pm by Fernplodder
It still has a banner advertising New Years Eve. How can a manager walk past that everyday and not think to take it down

Lucycat View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 8:36pm by Lucycat
Probably should put this in the gossip and rumour bit but I did hear that the Flintknappers present incumbents are moving a few doors up into the 5 bells. I do believe that just leaves the Ram left that they haven't tried to make work. Transient pub managers!
So 'Roxy' if its true don't hold your breath.
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 8:53pm by Terry
Originally posted by Lucycat Lucycat wrote:

Probably should put this in the gossip and rumour bit but I did hear that the Flintknappers present incumbents are moving a few doors up into the 5 bells. I do believe that just leaves the Ram left that they haven't tried to make work. Transient pub managers!
So 'Roxy' if its true don't hold your breath.

I have heard these same rumours!
Lucycat View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 9:13pm by Lucycat
Well, if it is true and they mess it up at The 5 Bells then I think they really should consider a new career path as they clearly can't get the role of 'innkeeper' right.
Beavor-bob View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavor-bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 10:02pm by Beavor-bob

The Nappers is still openSmile as I noticed on my evening walk, though for a Friday night, very quiet. Perhaps the regulars are star-gazing, plenty of them out tonightThumbs Up

Sugartits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugartits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 12:52pm by Sugartits
Wouldn't it be nice if they all knew how to run a pub like the punters of Brandon. Do any of you actually drink in there or just sit behind a computer and criticise? I also wonder what you do for a living and if you've ever tried to run your own business...
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 1:09pm by Terry
Originally posted by Sugartits Sugartits wrote:

I also wonder what you do for a living and if you've ever tried to run your own business...

I can say for certain that at least three posters on this thread alone do run their own businesses, myself included.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>