MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moving to Brandon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
polly-anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polly-anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving to Brandon

Posted: 07 May 2014 at 9:46am by polly-anna
Hi everyone, we are considering moving to Brandon, and just wondered what it is like, we are looking for a quite life, good amenties and places to walk the dog, we are both disabled my husband drive though, do anyone have problems with anti social behaviour or bullying, as this is what we want to get away from, we are thinking about the new estate where the roads are named after trees, any comments would be very helpful.

POlly
Redhead85 View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redhead85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 9:50am by Redhead85
I can't advise on that side of town, but we live in the west (Crown Street area) and it's a very rural, laid back feel this side. We moved here back in 2012 and haven't looked back. There's a few disabled people in our neighbourhood (including our neighbours, who have said how happy they are  here). 

PLENTY of places to walk your dog as Brandon is so well-positioned with the forest and fields. I've found this community to be incredibly inclusive and friendly to newcomers.
polly-anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polly-anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:32am by polly-anna
Thanks for that sounds lovely.

Polly
Tiller Lass View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiller Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 12:34pm by Tiller Lass
Hi Polly, you could do a lot worse than Brandon! My family and I have been here nearly a year, and we love it! We also live in the Crown Street area. It's quiet enough for me, having moved up from the outskirts of London. Everyone I have met has been welcoming and friendly. I've not witnessed much in the way of anti social behaviour. As with anywhere, it does go on. But I have noticed, it gets nipped in the bud very quickly. And due to the fact that the majority of the residents take great pride in this town, community spirit seems to conquer the anti socials every time! There is plenty to do here within the community, so plenty of opportunity to meet new friends! And of course we have this fabulous forum! Without it, I would of found integrating into the community a little bit harder. It's a great resource which we are very lucky to have.
We have two dogs, and there are no shortages of places to go with them. I'm sure I could do a different walk every day of the year and not stray further than a mile from Brandon!

So I can highly recommend Brandon as a great place to live!
"I only need two tools in life.. Duct tape to make things stop and WD40 to make things go."
trailpixie View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trailpixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 12:51pm by trailpixie
Hey! sssshhhhh! Everyone will want to move here the way you two are selling it and then there will be demand for the new road/housing project! Wink

Seriously though, they're both right I moved here from the rural South West eight years ago and have never regreted it.
P&R Garden Supplies View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&R Garden Supplies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 12:58pm by P&R Garden Supplies
Originally posted by trailpixie trailpixie wrote:

Hey! sssshhhhh! Everyone will want to move here the way you two are selling it and then there will be demand for the new road/housing project! Wink

Seriously though, they're both right I moved here from the rural South West eight years ago and have never regreted it.

LOL
Suppliers of Quality locally grown garden plants. Competively priced garden chemicals, composts, tools, seeds, bulbs and Pots, everything your garden needs! Delivery or Carry to Car service available
wobblybob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wobblybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 5:24pm by wobblybob
We moved to Brandon 18 mouths ago with not regrets

Rapsy View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 6:30pm by Rapsy
Hi Polly-Anna. My wife and I live the other end of Brandon (Saints estate off the Thetford road) and you would be hard pressed to find a more peaceful area. Plus were right next to walks that go into Santon Downham and Thetford forest so you have more dog walks than you could ever wish for (our black Lab agrees!)
No anti social problems what so ever. Brandon is a really nice town. Hope you like it here!Smile
BOBRCJ View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOBRCJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 8:01am by BOBRCJ
All the above comments are true though a desire for a quiet life may be interrupted by some very noisy American fighter aircraft from time to time!
Lagrange View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 7:19pm by Lagrange
Me too - loads of positive improvement to my life after moving here. Consider the 'Birds Estate4 with good proximity to the forest and access into town. Look forward to meeting you here!
Ah Bee.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>