MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft noise at night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hugh View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircraft noise at night

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:29pm by Hugh
I note in the T&B Times letters that there has again been complaints about the aircraft noise last week by Mr Nicholson of Robin Walk and a reply this week by Mr Lukaniuk.

[I have not been able to keep track of what has been going on this last month due to personal reasons, but as these have now eased I feel I can again join in with my usual blunt manor. Tongue ]

Mr Nicholson is complaining about the noise he and presumably his neighbors are having to suffer due to the US Air force doing night training for a few days in May as he lives in Robin Walk which he states in under the Lakenheath flight path..

Mr Lukaniuk in his usual blunt manor is basically saying that the US were here when Mr Nicholson purchased the house he is living in so stop moaning and if need be move. [He is also saying that we should be supporting the USAF after their support in 2 World Wars. Here here!]

Whilst I do not see 'eye to eye' with Mr Lukaniuk on some matters I do feel he is right in this matter. I have heard many complain about 'the aircraft noise in Brandon' OR 'the lack of facilities in Brandon' OR 'why there are not more ........ in Brandon'. Even 'there are to many trees in Brandon and the surrounding area'!

Why the hell did these people move here or not move on years ago? Brandon is a small market town close to 2 air forces bases in the middle of Thetford Forest. What do people expect? It is why I and I dare say many others moved here, to join a mostly friendly population of like minded people. Sure we have our differences but we should be mature enough to accept all our foreign neighbors from around the world who are either here by choice or through their job.

We do not need comments such as "I am not anti American but I wish they would close up and go home." (Mr Nicholson.) I am sure if they did and all the properties that they occupy came onto the market at the same time and the prices in Brandon dropped through the floor he would be moaning about the Americans causing problems by leaving Brandon.

I do not know if either Mr Nicholson or Mr Lukaniuk read or are members of the forum but I hope that they both get to hear what we the forum think about what they wrote in T&B Times.

[That's better. Smile ]

Hugh
JAHAIM View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAHAIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:09pm by JAHAIM
They have to do it ....I live near robin walk and it doesn't bother me......it's part and parcel of living in brandon!!
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:16pm by Terry
I don't see how you can buy a house here and then complain about the noise, as jahaim says it's part of living in Brandon.

They're only night flying for a few days anyway, if it was for months at a time then perhaps it would become annoying.
BrandonSuffolk.com - Your website for our town
Longtime resident View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longtime resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:53pm by Longtime resident
Dear Mr Nicholson. If you don't like it here, there are a few estate agents in Brandon that would be happy to assist
kaz9910 View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaz9910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:06pm by kaz9910
Unfortunately these moaners seem to get away with it, look whats happened to the speedway track at West row, Unbelievable.
JAHAIM View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAHAIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:10pm by JAHAIM
Guess the saying .....shut up and put up is true.....if you don't like it move!! We do live near two airbases so we DO expect to hear noise.
I hear the donkeys from the kennels on green road some mornings early....i think it's lovely to hear.....guess these ones will be moaning about that too
malnik View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:28pm by malnik
Im on Walton Way, the planes fly almost over the roof! 

Funny story......when we moved here, we searched for houses on a weekend, the only free day! What a nice quiet wooded town. Came back a couple of times, always on a weekend. House purchased.
On a Thursday when we moved in, we heard this noise......jumped out of the removal truck....to see 3 or 4 low flying jets over the house!!!! 

We are still here, amazed at the marvel of the things coming over the house, joined a forum that tells us whats due in and anything unusual flying. 
Sure its noisy...but only for a few seconds and Im sure we dont even notice them most of the time.......like its said, they were here long before we were. And we arent going anywhere......i hope they dont too!

JAHAIM View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAHAIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:46pm by JAHAIM
Malnik..........What's the site called for the base comings and goings...I'd be interested to join it......thanks
Longtime resident View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longtime resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:51pm by Longtime resident
Cant get my head around the speedway stadium issue, when ever I go there the planes drown out the bikes, but that's ok??
Beavor-bob View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavor-bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 6:08pm by Beavor-bob
Anyone moving here, cannot help to notice the two big American airbasesSmile

Whilst they can be noisy now & then, it is certainly far from frequent - Having spent a little time near Windsor, the constant noise of aircraft from Heathrow would be far more annoying - also the USAFE create lots of jobs for Non-Americans (like me!), I am just about to retire after about 40 years at the base - no regrets at all from me.
Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>