MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Library closed due to no staff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
htandet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote htandet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Library closed due to no staff

Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 12:39pm by htandet
This is the second occasion that I have attempted to use the Library in Brandon and have been unable to due to "No staff". It is frustrating when you are trying to return or collect books and have made a special journey. On each occasion there has been a man sitting on reception who has been really unhelpful. There was a huge amount of money spent on this new facility and we should be able to access it.
sedonamoonshine View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedonamoonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:04pm by sedonamoonshine
I totally agree - they must have budgeted for staff before they opened or it is due to sickness - ?
Sedonamoonshine
Everyday is a new beginning enjoy yours
Pizza View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:25pm by Pizza
dont forget it was on the list of libraries to be closed a couple of years ago due to lack of use and funds. I have to admit to being surprised that it was felt that a move to new premises would change things. You live and learn. or not.
Nil Desperandum
Tippgirl View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 3:56pm by Tippgirl
I thought that the library was always closed on Mondays?
Cabby View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 4:24pm by Cabby
from the community page right here at BS.com
Opening Times:
Monday: Closed
Tuesday: 10.00am - 5.30pm
Wednesday: 10.00am - 2.00pm
Thursday: 10.00am - 5.30pm
Friday: 10.00am - 7.00pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Sunday: 10.00am - 3.00pm
sedonamoonshine View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedonamoonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 4:28pm by sedonamoonshine
oh there you have it - maybe the opening times are not very visible but surely the chap on the desk would have told htandet and was it a Monday when you went down there - the plot thickens !!!!
Sedonamoonshine
Everyday is a new beginning enjoy yours
Cabby View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 4:42pm by Cabby
on the subject of open or closed, there is no rep from FHDC on a Wednesday, Not only a reduced hours service but also not 5 days a week. WHY and can I have some council tax back for reduced service.

(note no mention of Wed closing )

FHDC website
Opening times
Mildenhall council offices - 8.45am - 5pm
Brandon Customer Information -9am - 2pm
Newmarket Customer Information -9am - 5pm, Monday - Thursday, Friday 9am - 4.30pm
Redhead85 View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redhead85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 4:49pm by Redhead85
Am I the only person who was surprised to see the library was open on a Sunday? 
Tippgirl View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 6:47pm by Tippgirl
Its always been open on Sundays. Even in the old building.  I wonder who the unhelpful bloke was at the desk? To be fair I use the library a lot and I have always found Matt and the staff very helpful. And they really go out of their way to get the youngsters involved and enthusiastic about reading. My grand-daughter did the summer reading challenge and the staff were always encouraging and keen to help. I hope you find out who this person was because it doesn't sound like any of the staff that I have come across.
Redhead85 View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redhead85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 8:14pm by Redhead85
I was just surprised - don't recall my local library being open on a Sunday when I was a kid! Smile But I DO remember the Summer reading challenges! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>