MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Library

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lee Jacobs View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Jacobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Library

Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:48pm by Lee Jacobs

Ok,so Scc are looking at library options,and that all talk is how it could go for example 3 hours a day in the flowerpot or maybe in the forest school.Am i paranoid? why can it not stay where it is and just be run by the who ever volunteers.Why? is all the talk about it being moved? could it be that now greenways has gone and all that lovely building ground been opened up that the library owners Suffolk County Council are think of selling the site to any prospective builders that are interrested in the greenways site.Bye bye handicapped club bye bye Fledglings its just that the repair costs are so unaffordable.Don`t worry i am sure there be a consultation on where suitable alternative sites for the affore mentioned can go.Do not forget that planning application for numerous properties to be built beyond Beaver lane where submitted last year.

sunseeker View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 10:36am by sunseeker
Itr has always been on the agenda to get rid of the Community Centre. and make money from the sale of the land, what ever the powers that be say about it. They are just not telling us again. they didnt tell us twelve months ago that the HLC was scrapped. But it was and that is why they did up the community centre at a cost of thousands. they didn't tell us over twelve months ago that the HLC was scrapped and that is why they repainted the toilets at a cost of ??? Thousands anyway.

AND WE STILL HAVE NO WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE TOILETS IN BRANDON. In three weeks time it will be exactly 17 years since I asked why we had then was "It is all in hand and we are plannoing for that provision";" iT IS ALL IN HAND? Whos hand?
make love not war
sunseeker View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 10:43am by sunseeker
 In three weeks time it will be exactly 17 years since I asked why we had then was
should read:
 In three weeks time it will be exactly 17 years since I asked why we had none and the answer then was.
At just about the same time I asked the committee of the Heritage centre where the toilet was. I was in a wheelchair full time then, and was pretty incontinent if I had to wait any length of time. I was told that they were not allowing public to use their only toilet and there was onr I could use in the car park behind the Old School House. I only mention this now because this attitude sums up most of Brandon.
At the end of the day Brandon is and always has been, the poor relative in FH. Compare brandon business wise, social wise, infrastructure wise and any othe wise with Mildenhall (sorry Mildenhall High Town) and PooMarket. Nuff sed
make love not war
 Post Reply Post Reply