MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Elveden - Bury B1106 closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Beavor-bob View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavor-bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elveden - Bury B1106 closed

Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 5:49pm by Beavor-bob
Does anyone know how long this is being closed?
Hugh View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 6:18pm by Hugh
Hi Bob, 22-26 according to the roadworks details on the menu information / roadworks.
Hugh
Cabby View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 11:14pm by Cabby
Has been open overnight. Waste of time because as soon as the heavies go that way the edges will all be gone.
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavor-bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:02am by Beavor-bob
Originally posted by Cabby Cabby wrote:

Has been open overnight. Waste of time because as soon as the heavies go that way the edges will all be gone.
Are they doing Haunching ?
Cabby View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 11:23am by Cabby
Doesnt seem like it, they marked the collapsed areas in yellow, but have done a total resurface in places.
Justin View Drop Down
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 9:32am by Justin
Quick bump due to the terror of last night!

So it seems they couldn't be bothered to finish the road, no white lines and still a tempoarary and quite dnagerous surface! I had the misfortune to drive home that way last night after all the rain and the surface is dangerous. Simply put it was like driving on glass, the reflections the rain caused meant you were looking into a mirror and couldn't actually see the edges. We all slowed down to a crawl, but still the car in front of me almost left the road. I have never seen anything like it!

Justin
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavor-bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:49am by Beavor-bob
Originally posted by Justin Justin wrote:

Quick bump due to the terror of last night!

So it seems they couldn't be bothered to finish the road, no white lines and still a tempoarary and quite dnagerous surface! I had the misfortune to drive home that way last night after all the rain and the surface is dangerous. Simply put it was like driving on glass, the reflections the rain caused meant you were looking into a mirror and couldn't actually see the edges. We all slowed down to a crawl, but still the car in front of me almost left the road. I have never seen anything like it!

Justin
Yes - work seems to have got stuck for some reason, but I was not aware of the "Wet danger" I suspect a dispute between council & contractor have created this unsafe situation - perhaps akin to the cycle suicide junction near the 5 bells pub.
motorman View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:59am by motorman
Sorry What was the terror of last night???Shocked
EJB View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 1:40pm by EJB
I think the road was wet!!!
malnik View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:07pm by malnik
It really is dangerous. If you slip off the edge its a big drop, im sure your suspension will touch.....

Inexperienced drivers moving over for heavy trucks coming the other way will eventually loose control .....and yes, its not been touched since "finished". No lines last time we went down there as well.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>