MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

La Dolca Vida

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roxy View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: La Dolca Vida

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 4:43pm by Roxy
What a nice restaurant opened in Brandon please give it a try, its Italian Tony is the owner & yes he is Italian nothing to do with Mr G. I just said that because he owns the building but has nothing to do with the restaurant.. Tonys food is good and the pizzas are beautiful the real thing, he makes you feel very welcome the moment you walk in the place. The price's are good  soI hope the people of Brandon will surport this new restaurant it looks very good with the planters outside & I think Tony is hoping to put some tables & Chairs outside, enjoy.
Be true to yourself
resident1 View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote resident1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 8:29pm by resident1
It looks very nice from what I have seen from the outside and could well be a good asset for the town. I hope the tables outside gets off the ground, it would be really pleasant . I will be giving it a try as I really enjoy Italian food and it being local is a real bonus.

Good luck to Tony and his new venture.
malnik View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 11:00pm by malnik
We are off here on Friday with a couple of friends!!! I shall report back.......
My first impression...I am a little disappointed with the menu!
Roxy View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 2:38pm by Roxy

Hope you enjoy it. yes the menu is small but best for a small place keep it simple.

Edited by Roxy - 21 Jun 2011 at 2:39pm
Be true to yourself
wtf View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 7:41pm by wtf
have been and am going back with freinds good food
makka View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 11:10am by makka
I look forward to giving it a try come pay day, a pukka Italian is something I have missed since living in Brandon

Edited by makka - 07 Jul 2011 at 1:09am
The light at the end of the tunnel could be you!
malnik View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 5:44pm by malnik
Well...I have been!
Booked for 7:30 and arrived to a restruant that was only 3 tables full. One table decided to leave as we arrived and the waitresses made us wait while the owner bid them farewell.....rather than sit us down. That was a bit strange....its like we weren't even there.....
So we sat and talked...nice smells, nice people smiling at us...but after about 20 minutes, as there were still only 3 tables, we had to ask if we could have a drink. Drinks came...and so did the menu. We looked...chose....waited. Until we said we were ready.
My friend started to order starter...then said his main course. The waitress said, she would take only the starters now. I thought she meant she would take the starters and then the main course, buit no, she took just starters...and left. Never had that before. Usually both are taken to enable the chef to prepare for when you finish the starter....
So we waited. (Have you spotted the theme here.....).
Starter arrived....and very tasty they were. We were all a bit hungry by now...as it was about 8:45.
Eventually we said could we order the mains...and they were taken.
And we waited. Not so long as before....
Dinner arrived....and very very tasty they were too. Despite having to send 2 of them back as they were cold. I pictured the chef made some and then put them to the side while he finished the final dish. The problem was the plates were cold. Clearly the food was put on cold plates...we mentined it to the owner, he said no...it was the air con. My dinner was not so bad, my steak was really nice, but the accompaniments were cold, including the potatoes. My wife was served last and hers was hot. My friends were both cold....
After...we were asked if we wanted dessert, which we did...and it came quite quickly. It was at that point the second bottle of wine arrived...and so did comlimentary Campari.
We left at about 10:50 (I think), and the benefit of Brandon...we walked home, in the rain!

So...all in all...a few teething problems. The waitresses are local, and sure did their best, and we can overlook that because the food was great. In fact, i can overlook the whole thing because the food was great. Had a lovely time and it made us smile. I am sure all theses little things will get better...with time. I asked our girl if she had done this before and she said no. So practice makes perfect! (Just remember to serve and hand menus etc to the ladies first!).

Tony, the man in charge of the front, was very affable. Despite arguing his plates aren't cold....but they were!!! But again...the food was great....so we forgive him.

Prices? I think its very reassonable for top class food. It got busy with take aways as well. Table for 4 and we spent £138. but then we did have 2 bottles of wine and my friend had many beers, (in small glasses). And we tipped the lovely girl who served us a tenner as she is off to do some voluntary work in foreign far flung places.....Go for it Antonia. (I think).

Go there....have a great evening. You could have a meal for less than £15 i think if you needed to...and the food will be nice....I am glad we have it in Brandon!

I'm definately going back. Smile

Edited by malnik - 01 Jul 2011 at 4:42pm
Fenman25 View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenman25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 2:12pm by Fenman25
Cold plates and over an hour to wait for a starter. That would turn me off for a start. Nothing worse that food arriving on cold plates and half the food cold also.
Sounds as if the kitchen was not working in Sync.

I think I will wait until I hear of improvements before I give it a go.
malnik View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 4:41pm by malnik
Its new...the staff are all local and probably never worked in that environment, so I'd go now...build it up, give them the practice!
And while you wait you can chat with the person you are with.....
Although we did wait for service...our evening didnt drag at all.

john View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 10:01pm by john
malnik,lets hope your honest view of the place does not put people off from going (fenmans comment) you have to tell it as it is but if people take the same view as fenman it could go as quick as it came.what you think ?
I am , therefore i am , i think !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>