MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Five Bells

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SteveR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Five Bells

Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 1:45pm by SteveR
Hello ladies and gentlemen.
Has anyone got any updated information regards the Five Bells?
Would be pleased to receive some local 'input' from anyone in the know!

If it's available to lease your info: might help me make a decision before entering or indeed making any contact with the brewery.

Regards
SteveR
makka View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 11:02am by makka
As far as I am aware the intention is for Greene King to refurbish it, and then let it at a premium rate as a food led outlet. After of course they have closed the Duke of Wellington!

Although if the Duke stays open they may just close it and sell it off.

Somethig is going on as after a year of trying to get a tenant in, it is no longer on their website as a pub to let. There was a point where it was on a freedom lease so it could have potntially been taken free of tie, even then no-one wanted it!
Last I saw in goings were £10K I think it would be substantially more after a refit as Greedy King would want to get their money back ASAP!
SteveR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 1:59pm by SteveR
Well Makka thank you for that.
That does seem the most logical scenario considering Grenking's past record(s).
But as they say 'let's watch this space'.[
SteveR:^(]
makka View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 7:56pm by makka
Latest update.... GK are leaving it to rot and are not spending £70K to refurbish it.
The light at the end of the tunnel could be you!
Tippgirl View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:12pm by Tippgirl
Its a shame the Duke has closed although it will make a lovely "character home". My scondolences to their regulars.
Hopefully whoever renovates the Knappers will make it into a nice pub/food oulet that all ages will enjoy as opposed to the awful shambles it turned into. Sticky carpets and vulgar advertising does not a comfy local make! As for the five's. Well I have seen a few proprieters there over the years but it was a sad visit I made recently. The lovely snug/saloon with the carpet ripped up and a pool table sitting there instead. Ugh. Good luck to the One Bell  - that is still like a local.
 Post Reply Post Reply