MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP: Traffic Light Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP: Traffic Light Problems

Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 11:19pm by Terry
I have had an email from Bill Bishop regarding the traffic lights at the High Street / Thetford Road junction and the right turn light not coming on when cars are waiting to turn.

This has been discussed on the forum and a number of members have commented on this light not working.

The Suffolk County Council Traffic Officer is going to be coming to Brandon to study the signal problems with Bill Bishop and he would like some other local people to attend.

Can anyone who is prepared to meet up with Bill and the SCC Traffic Officer please give Bill a call on 810541.

The sooner this happens, the sooner they'll get fixed!
Fenman25 View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenman25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 10:47am by Fenman25
This has been reported to SCC and, it was hoped that the problem had been solved. But, alas, NO.
I have nearly been caught out several times this past week and will contact Bill.

FOBS is no more. Abellio put paid to that.
Kent Maid View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Maid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 7:08pm by Kent Maid
On 22nd August, I rang 0845 606 6067 and reported the problem of the filter right not working and the changes of the other lights not synchronisng with the result that we were experiencing near misses.

I said it was potentially dangerous and was promised it woudl be addressed urgently.

I was given a reference number which Bill can have to follow up what (if anything) was done following my call. It was 237 3267
Kent Maid View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Maid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 1:08pm by Kent Maid
Just had a call from a friend who went through just after 11 this morning. EIGHT cars were waiting - no right filter light.

Maybe we should have a people's protest ?

By phone first of all reporting the problem en masse ?
Pizza View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 1:52pm by Pizza
Didnt we used to have a roundabout here a few years back? ...well, lump of concrete in the road anyway,,, Why was it replaced with lights? didnt it work very well?   Actually, I suppose it probably isnt good for pedestrians trying to cross....
Nil Desperandum
ChrisRedpath View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisRedpath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 1:57pm by ChrisRedpath
The first thing to do will be to get in touch with Bill and let him know that the information he's been given is incorrect.

IMO if nothing changes after the SCC Traffic Officer has seen it, then we can start a campaign to get it fixed. I know that at least one journalist from the Bury Free Press reads this site, he's contacted me in the past based on posts made here, so we can even try to get an article if there is no action taken.
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 3:26pm by Terry
Just to emphasise my point in the first post, please can anyone who has witnessed the problems with the lights please give Bill a call on 01842 810541.

He has already been to look at the lights, and has seen the problems mentioned in this thread.

The more people contact Bill and go with the SCC officer to point out the problems, the easier it will be to get this problem sorted.
Tippgirl View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 7:48pm by Tippgirl
The whole thing is a mess. Has anybody ever waited to turn right out of Bury Road into Thetford Road. (Or worse -across to Lode Street) Try seeing around the cars that are turning left by the Knappers  You will have no vision. And now that the lights are so useless I think people will try to take risks and it wont be too long before we get a major RTA at this junction.
Cabby View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 9:06pm by Cabby
Hello Suffolk transport planner sitting in Ipswich.   get off your a*** and come over to Brandon, it's in Suffolk just on the county boundary with Norfolk, about as far west in Suffolk as you can get. Yes it's past the West Suffolk Hospital. the county keeps going for about another 15 miles. and Yes we do pay council tax to SCC. 

Fenman25 View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenman25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 10:20am by Fenman25
There is to be a meeting with SCC Highways at 2.00pm on Monday 19th September at the junction. Meet by the Police Station.

All those who can should come along to air their views.  BB will also be the
re.Big smile

Edited by Fenman25 - 13 Sep 2011 at 10:20am
FOBS is no more. Abellio put paid to that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>