MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Town Council Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Town Council Problems

Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 9:29pm by Terry
I have heard that the grounds workers at Brandon Town Council have been told not to work (but are still being paid) due a some health and safety issue.

Anyone know more?
BrandonSuffolk.com - Your website for our town
Alf Hucket View Drop Down
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alf Hucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 4:10pm by Alf Hucket
 I hope your not expecting a reply from one of the elected councilors or the town clerk Terry ? It's probably  nothing serious, just an attempt to bring them in line with Brandon Town Councils work ethic  ;-)
valleybe View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote valleybe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 9:05am by valleybe
Sounds about right Alf Hucket. Wonder who the Safety Officer is?
Brandon needs a Swimming Pool
Norfolk Enchants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norfolk Enchants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 8:36pm by Norfolk Enchants
Keith Lard?
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alf Hucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:10pm by Alf Hucket
Originally posted by valleybe valleybe wrote:

Sounds about right Alf Hucket. Wonder who the Safety Officer is?

Funny you should mention that valleybe, I've just  " stumbled " across some very interesting information with regards to breaching Health & Safety at Work and it seem that EVERY ELECTED COUNCILOR AND THE TOWN CLERK " need to start taking the position they hold a damned sight more seriously than they appear to do currently, instead of perceiving that position as personal privilege that empowers them to do as they please with impunity!  That's because "They" the Town Council " as a corporate body" employ the town clerk as a line manager, to oversee the actions of all staff employed, this includes the ground workers mentioned. As employers, they are the persons that are "LEGALLY " accountable should  their employee's fail to carry out their duties in accordance with set procedures and guidelines and are responsible for their employee's safety and that of the public that may be affected by their actions or omissions. 
So! with that in mind, I'm sure those holding the positions mentioned above don't need me to remind them who they are, might like to consider just how seriously they intend to take the positions they were elected to hold and stop flopping about like a wet fish in an India flip flop factory  before you end up pleading to a Crown Court Judge that your impotence to discharge your duty as an employer was because.... Doh ...????  i'm just a Town Councillor your Honour ?

Oh Dear! here's hoping someone just "forgot" to provide steel toe capped flip flops and  not someone's child lost an eye on the way to school while the groundsmen where strimming the grass! 

Norfolk Enchants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norfolk Enchants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 12:56pm by Norfolk Enchants
The COUNCIL employ the CLERK?!

Someone should let her know.
valleybe View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valleybe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 4:09pm by valleybe
Of course the Council employ the Clerk.
Who else would?

Brandon needs a Swimming Pool
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alf Hucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 6:49pm by Alf Hucket
Now Now you two !

You'll have Ratty on the phone to the police again if your not careful . LOLLOLLOLLOL

Lagrange View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 6:34am by Lagrange
Originally posted by valleybe valleybe wrote:

Of course the Council employ the Clerk.
Who else would?

The ambiguity made me laughSmile
Ah Bee.
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:18pm by Terry
Now I hear that two councillors are off with stress and another has been sent home.

Things are not going well there at the moment!
BrandonSuffolk.com - Your website for our town
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>