MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

County councillor candidates have been confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: County councillor candidates have been confirmed

Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 8:44pm by Terry
The Brandon candidates have been confirmed for the Suffolk County Council elections which will be held on Thursday 4th May between 7am and 10pm.

BrandonSuffolk.com - Your website for our town
Justin View Drop Down
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:10pm by Justin
A bit early I know, but Stephen is the only one we've had anything from at the moment. I saw Victor up Seymour Avenue Tuesday afternoon, but he was only putting his leaflet through certain doors. My parents didn't get one through the door, but he gave me one as I was walking up the old part of the road - he'd already been passed their house.
Gert View Drop Down
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:16pm by Gert
Originally posted by Justin Justin wrote:

A bit early I know, but Stephen is the only one we've had anything from at the moment. I saw Victor up Seymour Avenue Tuesday afternoon, but he was only putting his leaflet through certain doors. My parents didn't get one through the door, but he gave me one as I was walking up the old part of the road - he'd already been passed their house.

It would be interesting to know exactly why Mr Lukaniuk was only delivering his flyers to certain doors. He was delivering on the Saints estate Wednesday (5th) afternoon, clearly selecting which bungalows to deliver to and which to omit. Perhaps it was nothing to do with the forthcoming County Council election, however the timing suggests it was. The only information we have on Mr Lukaniuk has been gained through the local magazines, whereby he seems to be hugely pro-active on behalf of the town. Voting should be based on having as much information about the individual candidates as possible. This means all candidates and all residents. Standing as a candidate does not come without some personal cost, however this should be taken into account before considering representing the residents.
On this basis, personally I would not consider voting for any candidate who did not ensure our household had the relevant information required to make an informed choice.
The best is yet to come....
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 7:54pm by Terry
I'm on Seymour Avenue and the information posted through our door from Victor was related to the election.

So far he's the only one we've had anything from.
Chessman View Drop Down
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chessman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:55pm by Chessman
Victor's enthusiasm abounds but the clever ones leave it to the last week before the election recognising folk have short memories! Alas most don't bother to vote anyway but are quick to complain after the event. 
Play Chess - makes you smarter all round
Diane View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:14pm by Diane
I'm also on Seymour Avenue but didn't get anything :(
Lady P View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:22pm by Lady P
I think you will find Victor is delivering his info to postal voters a the moment as they will cast their votes before everyone else. You will, no doubt, receive his flyer later. I didn't get one either!
Life is not a rehearsal!
Cabby View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:31pm by Cabby
if that is the case , my only comment would be . well done that man, to show and put in that much effort shows how much he wants to represent us.

other candidates are availabe
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:47pm by Terry
That makes sense Lady P and I agree with Cabby about well done to Victor.

I always get something either through the door, on TV or online telling me why I should vote BUT after I have already voted by post. Really no good telling why I should vote when my vote is in the post. LOL
Fact Finder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fact Finder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 4:55pm by Fact Finder
But Victor is going to ban H.G.V.s from the town. How will lignacite, arrowpack P.H. and Omar homes be able to continue. Will they have to close and sack all their workers. Won't this leave lots of families in difficult circumstances?
fact Finder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>