MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heritage centre AGM - Wednesday 12th April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Terry View Drop Down
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 12:52pm by Terry
Since starting up Brighter Brandon I have been in constant communication with the higher management at West Suffolk and they are happy to support Brandon in any way they can.

I think the problem is they need to be asked what is required from them, if the Heritage Centre was to ask for support I am confident they would get it. Lets hope once the new team gets in they can make some changes and work WITH councils etc to achieve something.
BrandonSuffolk.com - Your website for our town
Chessman View Drop Down
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chessman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 5:07pm by Chessman
I love the enthusiasm and look forward to the rebirth of Brandon Heritage Centre!
Play Chess - makes you smarter all round
sgt homer View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt homer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 5:04am by sgt homer
Brief update.  We have details of dozens of people wanting to volunteer.  Thank you, and we will get back to you.  Offers of help have also come from a couple of academics with specialities in Brandon's past - one worked alongside Seymour de Lotbininere and wrote of the Brandon Fire, and has knowledge of tithe maps, enclosure, and changes in the landscape of Brandon (a vast knowledge that I can only aspire to), and the other gentlemen is a research associate at York University and has offered to give loads of fine detail about Brandon flint knapping.  All vital in appreciating our heritage and gratefully received.  The cataloguing of artefacts will commence very soon.  The Heritage Centre website is in development and coming along nicely.  So outwardly the doors are still shut, but rest assured there is hard work being done behind the scenes. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12