MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ELECTION DETAILS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chessman View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chessman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:10pm by Chessman
Trust Angler your not accusing the whole council as a click! A secret paper vote should be taken from the 13 councillors to decide a co-option. If who ever succeeds lacks backbone or makes themselves objectionable in some way then they are not going to last very long are they?

Play Chess - makes you smarter all round
The Angler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:20pm by The Angler
The click is a few councillors, not the whole council and with your comments,
those that have re-signed would not be best-pleased reading what you have put.
The Angler
Cabby View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:33pm by Cabby
I would be interested to find a list of those that have gone in recent years and wether co-opted or elected.

From memory since 2012 and there are more.

Mark Skinner
Richard Crowther
Linda Challis
K. Butcher
Alison Barnes
Lee Jacobs
Esther Jacobs
R. Burrows
geep View Drop Down
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:40pm by geep
I live off Rattlers Road, and have received notices of both candidates,   also my Postal Vote forms, which have ben mailed to the Electoral office.    Are Brandon West residents sure they have not received any details of the election?        Eddie Stewart had placed a "advert" in the Brandon Life recently.
geep
The Angler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:38pm by The Angler
only postal votes have been done, no polling cards for anyone else.
That is why a lot of Brandon West residents are not sure of the polling station etc.
The Angler
Lady P View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:35pm by Lady P
I am led to believe that all Brandon West residents have received notices from the candidates.  The Polling Station for Brandon West is, as usual, the Leisure Centre and, as has already been said, you do not need a polling card.

Cabby, can only suggest you trawl through the Minutes to discover whether those ex-councillors were co-opted or elected, sorry I cannot be of more help.  I think I can remember Burrows and Barnes were co-opted and the Jacobs elected, but couldn't swear by that. 
Life is not a rehearsal!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12