MenuBrandon discussion forums
  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Images of Flintknappers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Carter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:39pm by Carter
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1690887227795953&set=pcb.1690887614462581&type=3
Carter
Carter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 3:48pm by Carter
Hey this works, Put photo of facebook, right click and copy link address then paste it here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1690887354462607&set=pcb.1690887614462581&type=3

This one is a picture of my great grandads shop, William 'Billy' Carter he is second from left, in my notes i have that Frank Edwards is 4th from left and Herbert Edwards is 5th from left (then I have got probably incorrect Frank prob 3rd from left and at the back is Herbert)

and the previous photo is of the Albion, 90 Brandon Road
Carter
Sedz1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedz1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 8:03pm by Sedz1986
I only know of one Avery family in Brandon but I may be wrong :) are you looking for someone?
Gert View Drop Down
Brandonian
Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:46pm by Gert
Originally posted by Sedz1986 Sedz1986 wrote:

I only know of one Avery family in Brandon but I may be wrong :) are you looking for someone?
My late father, Edward John Avery, born in the 1920's, came from this area and I know he had one brother. However my father spent most of his adult life living in Essex, unfortunately I have no knowledge of his wider family. As I now live in Brandon I just wondered if the name rang a bell with anyone? Thank you for reading this, you never know what, or who, is round the corner!
The best is yet to come....
Hugh View Drop Down
Top Brandonian
Top Brandonian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 7:44am by Hugh
Originally posted by Gert Gert wrote:

Originally posted by Sedz1986 Sedz1986 wrote:

My late father, Edward John Avery, born in the 1920's, came from this area and I know he had one brother. However my father spent most of his adult life living in Essex, unfortunately I have no knowledge of his wider family. As I now live in Brandon I just wondered if the name rang a bell with anyone? Thank you for reading this, you never know what, or who, is round the corner!

Dear Get, I enjoy doing family history research and tried to find the birth record of your father Edward John Avery around 1920. I could not find anything for him, but found a Edward T Avery born 1920 in Norfolk. Is that him?

If you would like to contact me direct please feel free to PM me and I will try and help.

Do you know where in Essex he was?

Hugh.
Hugh
LeeAvery1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeAvery1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:27am by LeeAvery1
Hi Gert,

My Grandfather Fred lived at Mile End in Brandon almost all of his life but was raised in Hockwold, as far as i'm aware. I don't know of any other Avery's in or around Brandon other than my own family. It would be really interesting to know if you are related as I know next to nothing about my Grandad's family other than he has a sister who lives in Newcastle. Her name is Brenda.

Lee.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234